Now that Christmas has passed, here’s a friendly reminder to revisit those festive trees along Loop 360 for a cleanup.
Locals have helped make decorating a tree alongside the Hill Country highway one of Austin’s spirited traditions during the holidays.
While some trees stick to more traditional decor like garland and bows, others get more creative with themes and larger adornments.
The practice makes for a merry view while driving, but also causes litter to build up when Christmas comes and goes but the decorations aren’t removed. There’s an easy solution: If you decorate a tree or know someone who did, remember to go back and “undecorate” it. It’s the Earth-friendly thing to do.
Here’s 10 pics that’ll help you preserve the holiday spirit:
1. This wine-lovers tree inspired by the gift we all wanted for Christmas
2. A tree inspired by ole Saint Nick
3. A nature-inspired tree that’s anything but crunchy
4. This tree topped with a golden bow
5. This simple tree that gets the job done
6. This fiesta-inspired tree complete with maracas
7. This tree with all the fixins
8. This tree that glistens like gold
9. This tree with a Hill Country view
10. And this set of trees that complete with ducks, snow flakes and Pac-Man characters