The Texas Senate Health and Human Services Committee will discuss the state’s preparedness to respond to a potential outbreak of the Zika virus at 1 p.m. The state will hear from the Texas Department of State Health Services and various county health officials, as well as medical schools.
Follow live as the American-Statesman’s Julie Chang covers the hearing.
More Zika coverage:
- Texas doctors don’t advise delaying pregnancies
- Texas expanding Zika testing, urging monitoring
- Second Austin Zika case confirmed
- Health officials scramble to fill research gaps
- Few qualms among scientists about wiping out Zika-carrier mosquitoes
- Zika Q&A